I feel awful for not writing this post sooner but life has decided to keep me otherwise occupied, so my deepest apologies for the lateness of this one.
I was nominated by fellow blogger Sanguis Bootymus for this award, though it is more like a type of shout out chain by bloggers to bring attention to blogs that we think deserve some love. Many thanks for the nomination, I feel truly honoured!
Apparently I have to provide a short origin story of my blog, and I love to tell stories so I could go on for hours, but I’ll give the short version today. I’ve always had a love for video games, but I think that really started to come through when I would talk about them. I literally would talk my housemates’ ears off with the amount of time I would spend talking about games, until they eventually encouraged me to begin writing about them too. The blog is a product of me combining two of my passions: writing and playing video games… and also to spare my friends from hearing me talk obsessively about games.
Now for my own nominations:
- Planet Janet – While she’s not on WordPress, this is the website that my very good friend, Ayla (said like Isla, but cooler), set up last year. She posts quite intermittently but her content is consistently interesting to read. Additionally, there are many examples of her photography and I must say, she’s getting pretty good at it!
- Shelby “Falcon 509” Steiner – If you’re after balanced and honest video game reviews, then this is your man. His writing is concise, well researched and reads incredibly smoothly. I know that he’s hit a wall recently, so go and show him some love because his content is great.
- Karl Weller – Wow, there are so many gaming blogs out there, but what makes this one stand out is the man behind it. Weller has a great sense of humour and it comes across so effortlessly in his writing, something that I wish to be able to do in future posts. His articles are a great read and definitely worth your time.
And lastly, I have to give two pieces of advice for new bloggers. If there’s anything that I wish I did differently at the start it was to ask for help and to space out my initial ideas. At first, all I wanted to do was write about anything and everything, but because of this I found myself quickly running out of potential content. Relax, breathe and take it one post at a time. Also, I took to Reddit to ask for advice on my blog and I had quite a few responses, all of which were helpful and I’m really quite proud of the way the blog is looking now, as before it didn’t really feel like much.
For those who I have nominated, the next steps are to:
- Write a post about the award and your nomination
- Give a brief backstory on your blog
- Give two pieces of advice for new bloggers
- Write about the person who nominated you and leave a link for their page
- Select a few blogs that you’d like to nominate
I’d like to end this on a quick note to say thank you to the unending support that I have received. It’s been such a pleasure and I’m enjoying myself here just as much as when I started. Thank you all so much for taking the time to read my ramblings.